Do you have well-loved but not too worn picture books you’d love to pass along? Would you like the opportunity to augment the Gross National Happiness quotient of Bhutan? In the Spring, Elida will be voyaging to Bhutan with a group of adventurers, and while there, they would like to supply an elementary school with as many books as they can carry. Kids there are in need of picture books (not chapter books) for grades 1 – 6. We will be collecting them in the shop for the next several weeks – until March 17th. When you bring in your books, you can choose to be entered in our drawing to win a Bhutanese painting. All books the travelers cannot carry with them will be passed along to the East Bay Children’s Book Project. Tell your friends!
Tag Archives: bhutan
If you’re happy, I’m happy.
For 30 years we have been committed to the best service for your framing needs.
As a full-service, custom framing gallery we also offer consultation, delivery and installation services. Additional specialties are restoration, conservation, mirrors, antiques, local art, textiles, shadow boxes, memorabilia and ready-made frames.
We offer discounts for Oakland Museum members and commercial accounts. As local artisans we are committed to the best framing experience -- satisfaction guaranteed.
-- Elida Scola, owner
Find us on Yelp
- Reminder: 30th Anniversary Party Sun. Aug. 4th! #constantcontact conta.cc/13e8i6x 11 months ago
- Join us for First Thursdays & Open Studios #constantcontact conta.cc/1b1VzHC 1 year ago
- Come to Elida's Art Show! #constantcontact conta.cc/17Hw6V2 1 year ago
- Love this use of old frame samples - keeps them out of the landfill!! The Recycled Houses: nyti.ms/nScCyS 1 year ago
- Sometimes change happens so gradually, we don't even notice. When we got a new poster for our client, she was amazed at how colorful her... 1 year ago